Surprise! It's a BOY! A strapping fourteen year old boy! We have been given custody of our nephew for the time being --- it's strange because the idea has been tossed around for quite a while and nothing ever happened. Now it seems that overnight, I'm meeting with school officials and cleaning out closets and trying to figure out just HOW much a fourteen year old eats. I'm not sure that parenting a one year old qualifies us for this, but we'll all land on our feet. All of those details will fall into place and we'll all grow and learn together. I'm oddly calm about the whole event. We adore him and already know that he fits well into our family. I don't mean to be naive or discount his 'problems', but I just feel really at peace.
I explained to him that if I ever had a boy, I had planned on calling him Robert and would he mind? Evidently, he would mind...
Oh, well. He'll always be Bobby in my heart.


1 comments:
You'll do great, Sarah. I became legal guardian of my 15 year old cousin when I was only 25. We did fine. You are so much wiser than I was then, so I have full faith in you. Good Luck!
Post a Comment