i recently returned to therapy after a long break. I really want to beat depression in every way that I can and figured it couldn't hurt. In the past I thought a therapist had to be smarter than me and had to have some sort of magic powers - I felt that I already KNEW things and that they couldn't help me by telling me about those things.. This time around I realize that they are simply a partner in creating the life I desire. Much like a personal trainer -- I wouldn't mock a trainer for directing me to do crunches or push ups -- even though I am already aware of them. My point really is that we did the intake appointment (which was rough) and I asked her to give me one thing I could work on this week to improve my life. She told me to do a gratitude journal. My immediate reaction was that I've done this before and it struck me as cliche`. Regardless, I am here and I am going to do it. Only I'm going to call it my three highlights because gratitude makes it seem so DEEP and universal. Also, I love Highlights magazine. So no pressure... here are three highlights from today:
- Nora telling me about the old days when they didn't have concrete, coins, or sled dogs.
- How happy Birdy was when I picked her up from her class.
- How much I miss Joe when he's at work. It's nice.
- Nora has fabulous plans going for a whole town Tree House Raising. She's invited people from all over and has plans for firework paint, and a hole in the ground with a big cover that will provide a natural baby pool for our guests' little ones. She just ran up to me and asked if I've heard of meatloaf because she's thinking we might serve that instead of sandwiches.


1 comments:
Love the highlights. All 3, the idea, the magazine and the actual highlights. I need to focus more on my own highlights!
<3<3<3<3
Post a Comment