10 September 2007

It's all about the baby...

She's going to eat like a normal person one day. She's going to eat like a normal person one day. She's going to eat like a normal person one day. She's going to eat like a normal person one day.

Right?

In the past 12 months I've found that I self-impose pressure to parent exactly right on certain things. I do this because I think everyone else is doing them, too. For instance, when I asked my "been there done that" friends about sleep habits, they all quoted books and studies about routine, etc. So, I did it. I kept her routine perfectly -- followed all the rules. Even the rules that seemed to negate each other. My reward? A great little sleeper. My surprise? None of my friends were really DOING that shit they were telling me. The other thing I've noticed is that when I obsess and obsess over something that seems like it might be the start of a huge downward spiral that will eventually expose all of my shortcomings as a mother and person, Nora seems to self correct the second before I'm calling infant mother psychiatric specialists.

My new resolution is to not freak on small stuff. What's weird is that it's not even all the small stuff. There are some things that make other mothers worried and fearful that barely hit my radar. But, holy crazymotherhood, if something does hit my radar, poor Nora! So, Nora likes her bottles too much and table food in too little quantities. Dr. G says no more than 24 oz of milk a day. Nora prefers 30'ish. I allow it because it's soy milk, for heaven's sakes. Doesn't that count as a veggie, as well? Anyhow, I can't campaign for table food because I'm busy with my newest campaign for not campaigning.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com