11 September 2007

Oh, and its "hare" not "hair...

On the playgroup board there's a post for tasteless jokes. With that portent, you'd think I'd come out of it unscathed. But you'd be wrong. There's a cleft palate joke and it made me cry. I was a bit shocked that it had that effect on me. What to do next is the real dilemma. The poster seems to be a nice woman but I feel a little called to at least privately let her know the following:

  1. Harelip is not a PC term. In fact, it refers to a newborn baby looking like a rabbit. HAIRlip isn't even word. If you're going to be a jerk, at least be a proper jerk.
  2. For some reason my specific birth defect (nice) is fair game in polite company. For shits sake, it's on a PARENTING board. I can't imagine that other birth defects would be acceptable joke material.

Did you hear the one about...

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com