and i don't use 's' words lightly. I should make a post catching this up on everyone being sick, me trying (yet again) to find my stay at home groove, family, friends, and life. Instead, I am crazy excited about grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is my nemesis. In fact, even though I stay at home now, Joe does a lot of the shopping. This solution is two-fold: 1) Making it a challenge with coupons, and 2) Going late at night ALONE. I've been trying to be really thrifty lately (see [possibly underwhelming] results here), but the second part of it is the part I'm excited about. Nora goes to bed by 8 pm and Joe and Birdy are normally asleep by 9:30 pm; so last night, I went around 9:30 pm to an almost empty grocery store and just took my time. While I walked the store, I listened to This American Life on my headphones/telephone. Pure bliss. I got home around 11:30 and rather than being tired, I felt rejuvenated and accomplished. Those two feelings are a rare occurrence around here and to have them together at the same time? Well that's just something worth blogging about.
13 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Aw. Now I can't do your grocery shopping for you. I have a ton of laundry here piling up ready to ship.
Sounds wonderful! I also get excited about grocery shopping alone. I find I can do this on Sat. or Sun. afternoons. I used to go very early to the grocery store with just Phoebe right after Chloe and Owen got on the bus, and that was great because it was pretty empty that early. Stick with your superlicious solution!
Awesome. The importance of YOU time. It's a start.
Post a Comment