28 July 2009

lyle, lyle, lyle


and so it was time again for y and i to trek to hear the prophet/cowboy/philosopher/poet. And we saw all of it and declared it to be good. VERY good. Lyle Lovett appeared at Ravinia with his Large Band (included Francine Reed!) on Wednesday, July 22 and we were there to grin our silly selves right through it. It felt like coming home and the second they started to play I regretted every second I've lived not playing that music as my soundtrack. My dad made a habit of buying tickets for us girls each year and I'm so thankful that he did because we've learned that the scheduling, driving, etc. are worth the full souls that we return with. See ya' next year, Lyle.

Please ignore the crazy eyes. It's the only shot we took all night. Oh and Lyle totally prefers I wear no makeup. :P
edited to add: Birdy either LOVED or HATED the concert. I like to think it was loved. Her ears just developed to be able to hear outside noises more clearly and boy did she respond to Lyle. It still makes me laugh to think of all those kicks and maneuvers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure she *cough* loved him.

Kimberly said...

training her in the tradition early..,nice work :)

 
Template by suckmylolly.com