written 7.6'ish posted 7.10
oh what to write about. I have been so tired yet and feeling ill. Partly because Birdy is so high up she pushes on my stomach -- at least that's my diagnosis. I feel as though I just need to catch this blog up for my own 'records' such as they may be. No need to read this rambling.
I have fallen three times now. I know that pregnancy can cause your center of balance to be off but these have been olympic caliber spills. In one of them I even hit my face and scraped my chin up. It's so strange because I don't even see it coming. I seem to do better not carrying anything and I certainly am not carrying Nora on stairs and the like. Outside of the obvious worry of carrying Nora or hurting Birdy, my next reaction is to protect my scarce maternity clothes. I hope this passes as I'm getting a bit sore.
We have a family reunion coming up in Minnesota. These things are not my 'thing.' However, I want to do my parents proud and have time away enjoying my family (the immediate sort of family.) With so many aunties with there is no reason Joe and I couldn't sneak off for a dinner alone...
Why do Sid the Science Kid (on PBS) and his entire family have stoner laughs? (no offense meant to the stoners out there) Science, my ass. They irritate the shit out of me. Especially that pothead grandma of his.
Hormones sometimes make me wonder just how in control we are of our beings. What if we're mostly instinct and chemicals mixed with some soul? Example: the other night I woke Joe up to have sex. Believe me, this is not something I do - Joe would certainly back me up on this. Because while sex is great, I love love love love love to sleep. Also, it's just not my style. Following this while my very pleased husband slept, I then cried for over an hour missing my dad. That's hormones. And that's crazy.
I've been having crazy dreams lately and missing my Dad like crazy. I feel so bad for us all. I know that Mom tries to go to bed only when she can be assured that she will fall right off to sleep. This often means 2 or 3 am and she wakes around 5 again. She says it's just so sad and she misses him so much then. Also, it appears that Nisey will be moving in soon. This deserves its own post on another day.
Some funny things Nora has started to say:
"ACtually..."
"Cudditout! You be KIDDING me!"
"Making me cwazy"
"That's harsh."


6 comments:
You be careful, darlin'! That's scary you've been falling so much.
I'm so sorry you've all been having such a difficult time. :( I admit, I wanted to see my dad pine a bit for my mom, but actually having someone you love so much going through such a painful "missing of their other half" has got to be so rough. I just want to give her a hug. And you. And Nisey.
Hug each other for me. And sorry I've been gone.
Maysie: I have already had two colossal spills since being pregnant! And when I was pg with Sofia, I fell down the stairs TWICE, and fell in a parking lot.
We are front heavy. Only explanation.
When my mom first passed, I dreamed of her often. I wrestled over whether it was a curse or blessing... I decided blessing. These days the dreams of her are too infrequent. I miss them... and her.
Big hugs.
Tell Birdy to stop pushing you over.
Oh, and Sid the Science Kid makes me want to bash a brick over my head.
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C7%7C1%7C156%7C7%7C2%7C%7C
I love Nora. You ain't so bad either. I wish there was something to be done about grief, to make it easier. The only solace I can offer is that, somehow, it does lessen. The hole is still there, but somehow it is healed over too.
((Hugs))), and thanks for updating! I fell a lot when I was pregnant too. I saw a pair of bird Robeez the other day that I think Birdy must have!
Post a Comment