“The Honest Scrap award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.”
HEF, from Spewage, passed this award on to me (and Christine). Here are my ten honest things about me in no particular order...
1) I don't know what I'm doing and worry that I'll just run out of time before I figure anything out. For real. I don't have a 'vision', viable mission statement, or long-term goals. I want to be a good mother, wife, friend, daughter and sister.
2) I won the family lottery. For reals. It's insanely unfair who I get to count as family and I'm eternally grateful.
3) I worry that we'll never have enough financially and then upon reflection realize that I don't really care. I think I care about losing a game that others think is important. And that's sillier than playing the game. Yet, here I am.
4) I have a limitless capacity for sleep. I'm not sure what my limit would be as I've never apparently neared my saturation point.
5) You know how we often say things about past negative experiences forming who we are today -- in someway embracing the experiences? I don't subscribe to that. Maybe we'd all be that much more fabulous for not having some of our negative experiences. I think I'd have more trust, less shame, and more confidence.
6) I was thinking the other day about what one thing I could change that would most greatly improve my life. I have a lisp speech impediment and if I could become confident despite the fact that people struggle to understand me at times, it would open doors. There are situations that I could really shine in if I could only speak.
7) It's totally unfair, considering my family lottery winnings, but I also have incredible, incredible friends. Like people who I can tell my whole truth to and still be loved and supported.
8) I no longer watch the news. It makes me sad and I am not sure that it edifies me in any way. My only news comes from Google headlines, NPR Radio news, Salon.com, the Sunday paper, and the occasional browse through cnn.com.
9) I want to learn guitar but all past/current attempts have shown my lack of willingness to put any effort into it. What does that mean? I mean, I really do want to learn it. I swear.
10) I love tall people hands. This may be because I have short people, chubby hands. They are square'ish -- reminiscent of Fred Flintstone. I'd bet that learning to love my own hands would be a good thing for me. Or, if that's not an option, ending my hand envy of the talls out there.
Ten honest things were not easy for me. Choosing just two people to pass this along to was even more difficult. Maybe everyone should do this post (hint hint). Should they choose to accept it, I now pass this esteemable award onto:



2 comments:
I read this and thought, She doesn't have a lisp! Then realized I don't think we've ever spoken on the phone so how would I know? Great list. I'm doing mine now. It sucks.
5. Yes, I agree. Sometimes I get nauseated by the BS, uplifting, optimistic spin people want to put on certain things (or everything). Sometimes really bad shit happens and nothing that results from said bad shit makes it worth the bad shit. The end.
6. What Christine said!
8. I refuse to watch the news as well. I seek out the news I want to know about, and ignore the rest. Far too depressing.
10. I'm damn near 6' (okay, I AM 6'). Not to rub it in, but I do kind of like my hands (with the exception of my nails).
(My word verification is "sycho." WTH?!)
Post a Comment