21 October 2007

Last Week

Copied from an update on a board of friends:
We have been extremely busy lately with work and family. My little sisters have all needed me more lately for one reason or another. (I'll post a pic so you can follow along)

user posted image

From left to right, that's Joe, Nisey, Sue, Me (Sue is blocking me), Johna (little one), Becca, Mom, Dad, Susie, Bruce, Andrea (Bruce's wife), and Daisy. I wish it was a better pic but it does have all of us in it.

So, this weekend we met with an Army recruiter for Becca. Becca acts so tough but is SO afraid of so many things. I seriously think that she is exploring military options because she's afraid of taking the ACT or SAT. We invited the poor recruiter to Sunday dinner and it took almost all day. I spent many hours last week researching the truth about enlistment so I had tons of questions for her. We're going to also meet with a guy from the Air Force. I'm hoping that by us not overreacting, but just seeking information together, that Becca will make the right choice for herself. And in the very least, that she'll feel supported.

Nisey is in 8th grade and has been hanging out with Tyler the football quarterback. She can barely talk about anything else. It's funny and cute but also scary as she's facing more and more issues about being a minority in a mostly white community. Additionally, she was born with medical conditions that combined with puberty bring a whole host of other issues.

Susie is a senior in high school and was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I'm currently trying to fight the system for issuing her a high school certificate that is not a 'normal' diploma. If they do this, we'll have trouble enrolling her in any trade schools and classes. Her current interest is in learning to do hair. Man, I'd LOVE to have a hair do-er in the family!

My parents are getting older and I swear they need assistance with EVERYTHING. It's my honor to do it, but it all adds up to a very busy life lately. And that's just MY side of the family. I filled you in a little the other day about the other side.

Work is crazy. The owner of my parent company is a crook. I know how to deal with him, but he stresses me the fuck out sometimes and it only gets worse at year end. Ugh. I've been running my company, coordinating a move/decorating/new furniture for the parent company, helping to turn around two cafe's that belong to the crook, signing new clients.... UGH.

Joe has been just as busy. He was promoted at work and they're going through lots of upheaval. This means a more stressed and busy Joe. He's awesome though.

Our weekends are booked through December already and while they're filled with fun things like getting together with friends and family, looking at the calendar about makes me hyperventilate.

And saving the best thing for last, Nora. She's developing such a sense of humor. She seems to know that when things are out of the norm, they're possibly funny. Last night, she took dried fruit off her little plate and placed all of the pieces along the track of the ball toy she has, then she took building blocks and placed them on her now empty plate. It was SO funny to her. The later she stays up at night, the more she walks. I guess she just needs all day to get her sealegs.

So there. If you read all of this, bless you. It was kind of therapeutic.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com