29 October 2007

Pace. Salsa, a bus line, and my life.

Weekly, Y and I have kept our commitment to have lunch together. Sometimes this is for a half hour, others it's for two hours or more. Whatever it is, it's magic. Each week is better by taking that break from life with Y. It's really one of the first things ever in my life where I put myself first. It makes me feel like I have to explain it to anyone who knows about this great luxury in my life. Next stop on crazy train? Not feeling like it's a luxury.

Anyhow, this isn't even about that. Each week, we debrief each other about our insane schedules, wonderful families, dreams, coping mechanisms, whatever. It seems that each week, we reassure each other that calm, peace, order, success, and candy are JUST around the corner. As the weeks pile on, I can't help but wonder... What if crazy is just the normal pace of our lives? I mean, at what point do you just own it and say it's what you want? Or if we don't want it, why the hell don't we change it then?

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com