31 August 2009

preschool dropouts

to celebrate nora's last, delicious day of being two we put the potty chair away, bought some diapers, and dropped out of preschool. We Mays' girls are rebels through and through. Thank you all for your sage advice on letting this whole thing go for now. Nora couldn't be happier about it all -- she carried the diapers through the store so proudly, it would have been embarrassing if I wasn't already in love with all that she is. Tomorrow Joe will stay home from work and we'll all go to yet another ultrasound appointment for Birdy, do a little shopping, bake her a cake and then we'll all have dinner out. Saturday is her party. Nothing is done in preparation for it and really? I'm not worried about it.

8 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

How is it that I didn't know B and N had the exact same birthday? Nora rocks. Her mommy rocks too. Wishing her a happy birthday full of diapers and NO SCHOOL.

Hef said...

Love it. Love her. Happy birthday to Miss Nora!

Unknown said...

Babe, ya gotta do what works. Kisses and birthday wishes for Miss Nora!

Dawn said...

Nora is one of those cool toddlers, huh? She probably stands outside the preschool with her pants sagging showing off that diaper, with a licorice in her hand, while all the other lame kids are inside studying! ;)
I hope she has a great birthday!!!!

Tana_S_ Beautiful World said...

No such thing as being a Drop out- for all our babies mature at each of their own individual pace. Therefore, I hope you enjoy your baby just a little while longer...Much love and God Bless...Tana

Hez said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!

Kimberly said...

I hope Nora had a fabulous birthday! I like that you don't give in to peer pressure Nora:P

Jacque said...

If you and Nora are so happy you apparently made the right decisions! Hooray for being happy!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com