10 August 2009

politics and fashion

last week, we had the opportunity to drive to elkhart to hear president obama speak. We went with our friend B. and had a great time. Unfortunately, we didn't get to 'see' the President -- but we did hear him and it was fun to be out and around active people. Here's a picture of Nora from the day.
The other day Nora told me that when she was a baby and had to go to the doctor she would "scream her eyebrows off" until I held her. Another day, when she had an 'accident' pooping in her panties and I was stressing that she is NOT to do that, she said, "I'll DIE if I don't have my poop with me." I've never heard her use the word "die" so it cracked me up. Here's another picture of how to properly dress to play in the rain. If you don't have a winter hat that you've outgrown, I suppose any hat would do. She said she didn't want to get beat with rain on the head.
And just a general update just because. I'm especially stressed out about my former boss lately. Nothing has changed. Just knowing that I still may have to deal with the bullshit seems to overwhelm me. I'll blame pregnancy for the overreaction to that which I cannot control. Also, in interesting and gross pregnancy news, I've developed varicose veins of the cooch. I thought I was bringing some exotic malady to my doctor's attention but she laughed and said, I don't even have to examine you! It's varicose veins and they're normal and may get much worse by the end of the pregnancy. I'll leave you with this pleasant visual: too much lifting, time on my feet, etc. could cause the veins to resemble (this is me quoting a doctor) "a bag of worms." I may never get out of bed again.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

LOL!!! I don't know what is funnier the eyebrows, the poop, or the bag of worms, but I appreicated that post!!

Jacque said...

Oh boy. That's all I have to say. Oh boy. That, and I love Nora (have I mentioned that?).

Unknown said...

Dear God, please let me avoid the bag of worms. Thanx.

Tiff said...

I just laughed my eyebrows off! I may never get the "bag of worms" visual out of my head! LOL

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I LOVE that pic of her with the health care sign. So poignant.

I could have done without the worms description.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com