10 November 2009

3 (4) + 1 = <3

heather asked about our experience of going from one to two children. I can't remember where I read it, but before Birdy was born I read an article that described having your first child something like coming home and finding that someone has moved your house to a different neighborhood, changed the rooms around and boxed all of your things up randomly. The author said that having your second is like coming home and finding that someone has rearranged your furniture. I've found this to be a perfect analogy. Going from one child to two really wasn't that big of a deal over here. Of course, we have to address balancing the needs and wants of both girls but it's not like our days (or nights) are so different from pre-Birdy days(was there ever such a thing?) I would say that for us, balancing the needs of a fifteen year old with two little ones is much more of a challenge. Or maybe (more likely?) its having three children and two parents that presents the challenge.

Speaking of that fifteen year old, I don't write much about her here. It kind of feels like a violation of her privacy and I'm not sure why --- part of her story is my story, after all. Nisey is doing very well. She works very hard everyday and even made honor roll last grading period. Nora loves having her here and misses her each time she's gone (as do we all.) We're so proud of her and all that she's accomplished -- not only her hard work but her positive energy and joy for life that is simply infectious.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This gives me hope... I am truly terrifed of having an infant again. Maybe it will be okay.

Hef said...

I'm so happy to hear that all is going well in Mays house. <3

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I love you. You are officially a matriarch.

Dawn said...

<3 Wonderful <3

 
Template by suckmylolly.com