this is for birdy -- and really, for nora, too -- but mostly for birdy because nora will have photographic evidence thanks to people other than her mama. Birdy, there may not be enough photographs but I want you to know that I am soaking you up. Each day, every little noise, every smile, every grunt and sigh, every sleepy giggle, every wave in your hair... all of it. I am breathing it all in and it is becoming me. I apologize that I don't take near enough pictures (and the ones I take aren't so good!) but know that I'm here and present just basking in the glory of you girls. Hopefully, your Dad will take enough pictures to balance it all out.
Bird, here are some little things that you already do that fill my soul:
- how you have no use for swaddling
- how well you sleep with me
- how when we cuddle together, we create oven-like heat that we both love
- your dirty looks when i open a diet coke
- how you're always making some sort of noise
- your little bowed baby legs with baggy knees
- how your cheeks just keep getting chubbier
- how you stare at your sister while she holds you
- how you know what you want and will not be swayed
- your little sleepy smiles (gas or not, they melt me)
- the way you laugh in your sleep (I can't wait to find out just what you find so funny)
- how cuddly you are
- your crooked little feet
- how you have my palms and Daddy's fingers and how you haven't grown into either yet
- the way you enjoy me massaging your feet and legs
- how calm you make me feel
I love every little thing about you. Thanks for being ours.


5 comments:
So Sweet!! I think Birdy will always know how much she is loved!
<3
She sounds delightful. She'll have plenty of evidence of love.
so sweet. I love reading your blog because it reminds me of the simple pleasures I should be appreciating instead of getting frustrated with what I can't do.
You are one awesome mama.
((Sarah & Birdy))
Post a Comment