i really thought that between our vaccinations and the fact that i never leave the house, i would not have to endure swine flu. I was wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's taken me a week to be back to myself and I still am exhausted and have an irritating cough. I've heard that those two are here to stay for a while.
Birdy was officially one month old yesterday. Time is just FLYING. I know everyone says it, but it truly seems like time is flying even faster than it did when Nora was a baby. Maybe its having two children or maybe its knowing Birdy is the last baby -- I don't know. I feel cheated -- I want to shut out the world and take her to a room with me and be sure I enjoy every second of her. While I was sick, we had to limit my contact with the girls for the first 48 hours of taking Tamiflu (bc of the flu, not the medication.) We gave Birdy her first bottles of EBM and she took them pretty well. She also went back to the breast without an issue. So glad that it didn't result in nipple confusion or whatever they call it. We used Breastflow Bottles by First Years. I highly recommend them as they were easy to use for both baby and parents and she is going back and forth without issue. Introducing a bottle also means that Joe is able to feed Birdy sometimes. He has expressed that he feels a bit left out this time around. Poor guy -- last time, the world rested on his shoulders: Nora was in NICU, I was in ICU and then when I came home I had debilitating Postpartum Depression. He evidently enjoyed some of that huge responsibility.
I'm starting to get caught up on the regular stuff of running the house -- laundry, bills, dishes, cleaning, thank you notes, etc. I can't wait to find my groove and actually get caught up. Finishing the photo albums has been on my list for well over a year -- I sure would like to actually complete something. I keep considering stopping the photo stuff and then Nora or one of my sisters will haul a book out and enjoy it so thoroughly that all the work and stress is worth it. Maybe if I didn't sit in front of the computer so much, I'd accomplish other things? I just wonder how everyone else does it? I'd like to write more, but Birdy is napping so I need to use this time wisely...
23 November 2009
swine flu catch up
Posted by SaRaH at Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
No one does everything. You are doing what's important. Hope the cough bugs off soon. xoxo
I'm so sorry about the flu. It was a total nightmare when I had it. Lasted 3 weeks before I felt halfway human again. I'm glad the tamiflu helped.
Give yourself some grace with the house stuff. Enjoy your baby!
Post a Comment