20 September 2010

fresh new week

i keep trying to find a way to sum up last week so that I can move beyond it and there just isn't a good way to do it.  It was an awful week and you know what?  Even in the midst of awful, I surely have so, so much to be forever grateful for.  I'm just going to list it here without all of the stories I'd like to include on each item.  Maybe another day, another time.

Sunday was the wake for our friends' baby daughter.
Monday Joe's mom text broke up with us.
Tuesday Nora swallowed a quarter and had to have an emergency procedure to remove it.
Wednesday we attended another wake.  This time for a dear friend's father.  He was one of the good guys.

That's all there is.  We are so blessed beyond any measure.

4 comments:

Hez said...

Big hugs to you!!

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Good glory Ms. Mays. That is an awful week. I'm glad the grieving and the ill people have you in their lives. As for Joe's mom, it's most definitely HER loss. xoxoxoxo

Kim said...

So now I see what you mean when you said you were going through something similar. (MIL) I am sooo sorry your having such an awful week and I hope it get better really soon. ((HUGS)) on your losses.

Unknown said...

Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.
-- Buddha

Love yourself, sweetheart, because I love you so dearly. I'm glad that week is over.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com