16 April 2008

I struggled to hold back my tears as he slowly chipped away at any and all hopes that we, as a family, had held dearly to. But then it occurred to me that if you couldn't openly cry when being told that nothing could be done to save your dad's life or, in the very least, make his remaining time better, then the whole world is crazy. So I cried. I cried until my eyes were puffy and I had that ugly look.

And then we went out to lunch.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

:( I'm so sorry Sarah.

*hugs*

Momma Trish said...

I hate this time in our lives for that very reason. So scary losing loved ones.....xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh my god. Cry all you need. And tell bdsatan to take a hike. And spend time with your dad.

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Sarah. Spend all the time you can with him. And cry, it helps I promise.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com