04 April 2008

how many straws did it take?

between my dad's illness, my sister living 'independently', audits, court dates, spousal business trips, 'foster' parenting, volunteer work, ubiquitous work-related stress, a lack of time, an extreme lack of sleep, and just life in general, I'm pretty sure I'm about to break. It think the funniest (funny meaning like madhouse laughter funny, not soul repairing giggles) part of it all is that we don't get to break. Gone are the days of trips to the hospital for nerves, season long trips to Europe to find yourself, or spinster sisters moving in and taking over for a bit. Shit, there isn't even 15 minutes of peace in the car between the radio, the phone, and my own thoughts. In the spirit of preserving Nora's mama, I sent an email to work at noon saying I'd be taking a half day and shut all of the equipment off. I returned a few things, bought a few things, and got a quick pedicure and I'm back to work before the work day is even over.
Note to self: two hours can make a big difference. Stop whining and get driving.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you took some time to yourself Sarah - you deserve it!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com