{Instant Message 04.15.2009}
(9:21:35 AM) Becca: mommy is baggin up daddys clothes for the sale...
(9:21:45 AM) Becca: do you want anything?
(9:54:51 AM) sarah: oh
(9:54:53 AM) sarah: suspenders
(9:55:11 AM) Becca: thats why I've been calling you
(9:55:15 AM) sarah: sorry
(9:55:17 AM) sarah: i was sleeping
(9:55:17 AM) Becca: its ok
(9:55:21 AM) Becca: sorry!
(9:55:22 AM) sarah: no ringer on
(9:55:45 AM) sarah: that's so sad
(9:56:00 AM) Becca: mama says shes already got em set aside for you
(9:56:21 AM) Becca: i knew we were gna get rid of it, but not so fast
(9:56:26 AM) Becca: this is not ok with me
(9:56:35 AM) sarah: it sucks
(9:56:37 AM) sarah: go help her
(9:56:42 AM) sarah: its not easy on her either
(9:56:46 AM) Becca: I think shes already done
(9:57:06 AM) Becca: I just got home from work and saw what she was doing
(9:57:21 AM) sarah: ok
(9:57:24 AM) sarah: poor mom
(9:57:25 AM) Becca: I know hes gone but idk how to explain it
(9:57:28 AM) sarah: I'd hate to do it
(9:57:30 AM) sarah: i know
(9:57:36 AM) sarah: just want to keep everything
(9:57:39 AM) Becca: yeah
(9:58:25 AM) Becca: I'm keepiong the blue tux shirt
(9:58:48 AM) sarah: lmao
(9:58:52 AM) sarah: that's what I just thought to ask for
(9:58:55 AM) Becca: I love it
(9:58:59 AM) Becca: lol
(9:59:00 AM) Becca: sorry
(9:59:03 AM) sarah: no prob
(9:59:21 AM) Becca: I cant think of anything else I want
(9:59:38 AM) sarah: me neither
(9:59:39 AM) sarah: its fine
(9:59:42 AM) Becca: cant we just box it all and keep it?
(9:59:44 AM) sarah: for real
(9:59:53 AM) sarah: no
(9:59:57 AM) Becca: why not?
(10:00:01 AM) sarah: i think that's called hording
(10:00:26 AM) Becca: i dont give a shit what its called I dont want to see any old guy in town wearing daddys clothes
(10:00:42 AM) sarah: LOL
(10:00:49 AM) Becca: its not funny!
(10:01:02 AM) sarah: Dad's a good sharer
(10:01:18 AM) Becca: dad might be but I'm not
(10:01:23 AM) sarah: no. you're not
(10:02:16 AM) sarah: oh i miss him
(10:02:27 AM) Becca: me too
(10:02:30 AM) sarah: i keep trying to think of things to keep but none of it is going to do the job(10:02:39 AM) Becca: I know
(10:03:02 AM) Becca: its just getting harder everyday hes not here sat home where he should be
(10:03:11 AM) sarah: i know
(10:03:20 AM) sarah: i keep wanting to call him for advice
(10:03:34 AM) Becca: or when I get lost and I'm driving idk who to call anymore
(10:03:45 AM) sarah: lol
(10:04:32 AM) Becca: ...and there another thing
(10:05:18 AM) Becca: i wish daddy and ben could have met
(10:05:22 AM) sarah: yes
(10:05:27 AM) sarah: all of those things will be hard
(10:05:49 AM) Becca: i miss him so bad
(10:05:50 AM) sarah: can you think of anything else to keep of dad's?
(10:06:01 AM) sarah: i feel like I"m missing an opportunity but really can't think of anything
(10:06:03 AM) Becca: I kept a pocketknife
(10:07:31 AM) sarah: is there another pocketknife?
(10:07:35 AM) Becca: yeah
(10:07:36 AM) sarah: that's a keepsie thing
(10:07:39 AM) Becca: theres three
(10:07:42 AM) sarah: ok keep one for me, please
(10:07:53 AM) Becca: i will for sure
(10:08:02 AM) Becca: do you want a handkerchief
(10:08:06 AM) sarah: YES
(10:08:14 AM) sarah: maybe we could roll around in all of his clothes...
(10:08:21 AM) sarah: make blankets out of it
(10:08:33 AM) Becca: I say we do it
(10:08:39 AM) Becca: I want a daddy blanket
(10:08:58 AM) Becca: but who are we going to hire to sew?
(10:09:00 AM) Becca: lol
(10:09:12 AM) sarah: lol
(10:09:15 AM) sarah: well, none of us
(10:09:30 AM) Becca: yeah but thats a good idea
(10:09:31 AM) sarah: Sue sews
(10:09:47 AM) sarah: all of tshirts and flannel shirts
(10:09:55 AM) Becca: huh?
(10:09:59 AM) sarah: little quilts
(10:10:06 AM) Becca: i like that idea
(10:10:10 AM) Becca: imma run it by mom
(10:10:17 AM) sarah: ok
(10:10:19 AM) sarah: see what she says
(10:10:58 AM) Becca: she wants to know what to keep
(10:11:06 AM) Becca: says she got risd of all the tshirts
(10:11:22 AM) sarah: tshirts, flannels, cottons
(10:11:35 AM) sarah: i guess anything that could be cut up to make squares on a blanket
(10:11:43 AM) sarah: becca -- we could HAND SEW them!
(10:11:49 AM) sarah: like how to make an american quilt
(10:11:56 AM) Becca: dude...
(10:12:01 AM) Becca: im in!!!
(10:12:08 AM) sarah: how hard can it be?
(10:12:14 AM) Becca: we could figure it out
(10:12:22 AM) Becca: and you dont work anymore
(10:12:27 AM) Becca: we have plenty of time
(10:12:34 AM) sarah: excellent
(10:12:40 AM) sarah: we just have to cut squares
(10:12:43 AM) sarah: and sew them
(10:12:45 AM) sarah: i can do that
(10:12:53 AM) sarah: i've just never been MOTIVATED to sew
(10:12:56 AM) Becca: shouldnt we have somthin under it....
(10:13:11 AM) Becca: like the squares on top
(10:13:15 AM) sarah: well we'll have to have something sewn to the back
(10:13:19 AM) Becca: and a cotton sheet under it?
(10:13:21 AM) Becca: right
(10:13:23 AM) sarah: yeah
(10:13:31 AM) sarah: tell mom we need her sheets!
(10:13:34 AM) sarah: just kidding
(10:13:38 AM) Becca: ew lol
(10:13:59 AM) Becca: k were making blankets
(10:14:12 AM) sarah: excellent
(10:14:12 AM) Becca: im so excited we figured out a way to keep it all
(10:14:14 AM) sarah: me too
(10:14:16 AM) sarah: lol
(10:14:19 AM) sarah: we're sick
(10:14:21 AM) Becca: lol
(10:14:26 AM) Becca: I KNOW!
(10:14:28 AM) Becca: but idc
{as of 05.20.2009, nothing has been done to make these blankets a reality...}
20 May 2009
an im i wanted to keep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
What a difficult task. It's too funny though about some old man walking around in daddy's clothes! At least she has a sense of humor during a sad time. I think blankets are a wonderful idea!
If you need help, I'm willing to help. I will admit I'm not the best seamstress in the world, but I have a sewing machine and I have a mom who is an awesome seamstress. I wouldn't mind sewing them if you guys cut out the squares you wanted. I think it's a really neat idea to make his shirts into blankets. It's a perfect way to keep "something" that was his.
seamstress on craigslist? That's actually a really great idea. I have two of my dad's flannels, in my closet, 20 years later. I never wear them, but I've been moving them for 20 years, in 10 different houses through 3 states. A blanket might make more sense. Great idea! Did you retype that whole IM or cut and paste it from somewhere?
Rachael, We may take you up on your offer... First, though, we actually have to CUT them. :P Thank you so much.
Chris, I copied and pasted it after it happened because her "I'm so glad we found a way to keep it all." cracked me up.
what a neat idea though. You should totally do it :) I would never have thought of something like that. So sentimental.. I love it. And just think of Nora and baby having a way to cuddle with Grandpa..
Awwwww....that makes me soooo sad to read that.... letting go is so hard. The blankie is a really sweet idea, but "rolling around in his clothes" made me want to cry!!!!
Post a Comment