04 May 2009

miscellany.

i have nothing specific to record but am getting out of the habit so am forcing a post. No need to read -- perhaps I should start a label for that. Just so you'll know. This weekend , we had three first communions. Very sweet (and very long and boring). It was good to see everyone and we even fit in a 'date' to go see Joel McHale. Chris Porter (from Last Comic Standing) opened for him. Both were very funny.

Joe and I laughed the whole time - what fun! We must remember to go out just the two of us even though it seems like a ton of work to make it happen. It just makes me like him more and more.
I've been missing my dad something terrible. Yesterday I had good cry when we drove by the funeral home. It's so hard to feel this pain and then know that everyone you love is feeling it too. It just seems like too much. I keep reaching for some cosmic feeling that he's here with me or at least he's happy beyond understanding.... nothing is what I grasp. I just want my dad back. In the simplest and most primal way, I want my daddy.
Last Friday, Nora and I got to hear Birdybean's heartbeat again. It was in the 150's. The heartrate old wives' tale and the Chinese Gender Chart both indicate that Birdybean is a girl. I can't wait to find out. I got a referral to the ultrasound specialist so we should be able to find out the gender in the beginning of June. Nisey really doesn't care for the name, "Birdy" so she insists that this child must be a boy to save it from this name. When I told her about the Chinese chart she replied, "Well, we're not Chinese."
Tonight, we're all going to see a few houses with my mom. One of them is a possible contender so we're going to see what the girls think about it. Should be fun as I always love hearing their perspectives.

3 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

OMG, Nisey is becoming my new favorite person in the world. Please make her start blogging.

Birdy - wasn't there a Ladybird Johnson? Updated: my word verif is icatou. I think that's what Birdy should be named!

As for dad stuff - sweetie, it JUST happened! It will unfortunately be fresh and raw for a long while. That grief is very primal, I know. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Babe, he is happy beyond understanding. And he loves you so so much.

I like "Birdy," but I still have boy feelings. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, though.

Jacque said...

"We're not Chinese", that's hilarious. I can't wait to hear what you're having.
I'm so sorry about missing your Dad. I can't imagine the pain. I hope house hunting goes well.
Your date with Joe sounds fun. I love dates with Danny and they don't happen nearly often enough.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com