24 May 2009

is it juvie or juvey?

i had sort of planned on a life where i wouldn't really need to know how to spell it. However, this morning we learned that Jordan is in juvenile detention for 18 days for beating another boy up badly. What we really learned, though, is that the family has been lying to us over they year that he has been home. We've been told that his grades aren't that good but that everything is going okay. I don't think they put you in detention for your first offense. My MIL told Joe that he has made his own choices and that at some point you have to let go of them... he's fifteen. It all makes me want to cry and throw up and yell and cry. We are waiting on information to see if we can visit him tomorrow and hope to regain custody of him asap. I will update when I know something.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry!!

Jacque said...

I hope everything turns out okay. Prayers to Jordan.

Jess said...

I really hope you get custody back. Keep us updated on how things work out.

Kimberly said...

wow that sucks.. even more so that you were kept in the dark. Let us know what happens with the visit..

SaRaH said...

small update: his mother (joe's sister) texted us after we left a message for her. "I will call when I am ready. It is too hard to talk about." Now what? The facility allows visitation for guardians only.

Unknown said...

Sarah, your heart is so big. So big.

But do you really want him in your home with your two small, impressionable, vulnerable babies?

It's just that... some very, very bad things came of my parents adopting my super-troubled cousin. And I would die before I'd let those things happen to another child.

I know you have good judgement, so I'm just putting it out there. Sometimes you have to look out for your own children first...

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Hell. I'm glad he has you on his side.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com