08 October 2009

full moon rising 10.06.2009

i dreamt last night that birdy came so quickly that i felt that i had not experienced proper labor and delivery. Oh, let’s all hope for such problems! Yesterday, I slept every moment that I wasn’t caring for Nora – even went to bed when she did. I’m hoping that it’s some sign that Birdy will appear soon. Really, I’m at the point where ANY little thing (the moon, for example) is being turned into a sign that Birdy will appear soon. Last Friday at our 37 week OB appt, my cervix had done absolutely NO work -- the lazy little thing. I was almost in tears over it. While I am a second time mom, I’ve never been 37 weeks pregnant. Nora was born at 33 weeks and I was on bed rest for weeks and weeks before that. While that certainly brought its own list of worries and complaints, they were very different from my current list. What I know about both lists is that they are infinitely worth it. I wish I could make myself treasure and enjoy these last days of my last pregnancy, but I’m just so uncomfortable and tired.
And eager to meet my second daughter.
Also of note… the only thing drawing the eye away from this gargantuan belly are the fetish-sized mammaries I’m hauling around. Where’s my GLOWING??? I just wanted to glow...

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I want another one! Hopefully Birdy decides that Amanda's little one needs a birthday buddy?

Hef said...

You're glowing. I see it in your photos.

Jacque said...

Birdy is just making sure you experience the whole pregnancy this time. Or perhaps she's just waiting to be born on my birthday (24th). Rest all you can, it's not long now!

Unknown said...

LMAO about the hyper-mammiferousness. I can't imagine my boobs getting any bigger than they are now, but I know they will after Sprout is born. I know it is tough right now, dear friend. You are in my prayers. Hang in there!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com