08 October 2009

things i've learned with no internet 10.06.2009

i haven’t had internet for over a week now. It’s been worse and easier than I had imagined. I’ve always thought of it as my guilty little pleasure – and you can be sure that it still is. But I’ve learned that I also conduct a ton of our family’s ‘business’ on it. It’s a way more legit pastime than I previously believed. Bills get paid, gifts get ordered, family gets included, money gets transferred, grades get checked, calendars get synced, friends get caught up (I think this is the part I miss the most), music and radio shows get downloaded, research gets done for all sorts of family members… I may ‘waste’ time on the internet, but the efficiency it allows me in other arenas of our life more than makes up for that. From now on, it will be my guilty little pleasure.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I would die without my internet. Life as I know it would cease to exist. I pay every single one of our bills online, from the mortgage to the garbage.

Kimberly said...

me and my internet connection are like peas and carrots.

I miss you when you go away to the real world like that lol

Unknown said...

I MISSED YOU!!!

Jacque said...

Glad you're back!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com