so i posted birdy's birth announcement here without noting my the troubles with them. I found the design on Etsy and was so excited because 1) I love it, and 2) I could order 4x6 prints and save tons. To top off my savings, I had heard good things about a new photo printing company (Arts Cow -- note this is not an endorsement) -- and when I went to their site, they had 100 free prints for new customers. Oh, imagine my good fortune! So about five weeks ago, I placed our order. A few days later, I received an email that my order had been printed and shipped. I ordered envelopes. addressed them, and eagerly welcomed the mail each day. Around Thanksgiving, I realized it had been much too long and contacted the company. They confirmed the information I had and added one, very important piece of information. The prints had indeed shipped on the day I had been told --from Hong Kong -- so could I please give it a few more days beyond the expected date? Each day since, I've weighed my options: should I reprint? what if they arrive? I hate to waste... how close will we now be to Christmas cards? should i insert them in the cards? skip it? but I've already addressed the envelopes!.. and on and on.
They arrived today. They're too dark. And they're going out. I can't give them another moment's thought -- not even to be wise about postage.
12 December 2009
not as funny
Posted by SaRaH at Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
holy crap. And I have heard HORRIBLE things about that company that I wish I could have mentioned to you before you went with them :(
I'm sorry that the cards were a disaster.
That stinks. I'm so sorry!
grr. Not good. I'm sorry :(
I'm so sorry! But thanks for the heads up about that company.
Grrrr. . . . .
I'm sorry. Despite the nightmare, I think they turned out great. :)
If you ever decide you'd like to redo them let me know!
I'd be happy to design something for free that you could print yourself!
(I'm always looking for side projects to add to my portfolio!)
Post a Comment