On the 24th, we went to the Mays' as has become our tradition. The visit was nice and the three hour drives on both sides were better than expected. That night, we prepared for Santa:The next morning, Joe and I were up before either of the girls. We had the tree lights on and were enjoying coffee when Nora peeked from the stairs and whispered, "He eat my cookie!"
The girls enjoyed opening their gifts. Nora was so pleased that Santa brought her the rocketship and fishing pole she requested. When I asked her later about her favorite gift, she said her rocketship without hesitation. Nora was a joy to watch open gifts this year. She was very gracious and polite saying things like, "This is just what I wanted!" or "This is my heart's wish!" all the while cleaning the wrapping paper up as she went.


6 comments:
Your father was right there with you while you celebrated the holidays with everyone you love. Big hugs because I know how hard this year must have been.
Birdy is getting so big! And she is just as cute as her sister! I love Nora cleaned up after self while opening up presents. Sky's idea of cleaning up was giving me the wrapping paper and asking me to throw it into the trash bag.
Love and hugs to your whole family!
What sweet pictures, and it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! Nora's "This is my heart's wish" has got to be the sweetest thing I have ever heard!
In those pictures it strikes me how alike Birdy and Nora look. You have a couple of heartbreakers on your hands. I'm so glad that you had a lovely, peaceful holiday. I'm sure your dad smiled.
Birdy looks like she's at least 6 months old. So mature! Adorable pictures, and calm joy should be everyone's aspirations.
It is my hearts wish that my 3 year old could be half as sweet as yours. ;). Loved the pics and so glad you all had such a nice holiday.
I'm glad you had a merry Christmas! Calm joy sounds delightful. We should all have more of it.
Post a Comment