20 December 2009

v-day d-day

joe got a vasectomy on friday. While we were pulling into the hospital parking lot -- hell, while we were in the hospital room, I was still saying things like 'This is the right thing' or 'This is what we want, right?' It's a strange place to be- to say deliberately that we will not have any more children.
Forever and ever, amen.
Even while holding our growing-too-fast infant daughter and loving every second.
We both agree that if we were younger, we would not be so quick to finalize this decision, but reality is that we are as old as we are and it just doesn't make sense. Reality once again interferes with my dream world. It's final and sad and right for us. And the truth is that we're both very interested in providing foster care -- after the girls are a bit older -- which could very well lead to a larger family.

2 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

(((((HUGS))))) honey. I know exactly what you mean. Even though I know in my heart we won't have any more children - that we are not meant to have any more children - I'm still going to be asking those same questions when Brian has his vasectomy in a few months.

It's a hard, hard decision.

Unknown said...

Oh gawd. I can't wait for v-day. It will be a cold day in hell when am I ever going to do this pregnancy thing again. Plus, I don't think I can handle more than two, to be honest. Not with still wanting to get a Ph.D. and teach and everything.

But you come from a much bigger family than I do, and I can see that you would have much room in your heart and in your family for foster/adopted children. That's what makes you my special Sarah. <3 <3 <3

 
Template by suckmylolly.com