When I was a kid, he'd draw up plans for 'playhouses' at my direction. Multiple story creations with classrooms, fire poles, slides, and gymnastic areas. He never once told me it couldn't be done.
He always says, "Sarah's Dad can do anything!" and what's better than that is that he tells all seven of us the same thing (with proper names, of course)
I think he tells all of us that we're his favorite.
He has nothing and gives everything.
He makes up jokes. They may not be funny but I get a kick out of imagining him tossing ideas around.
When I was little, he threw pennies ahead of us when we were on walks so that I could find them. I didn't realize this until I was an adult.
He's all Mr. Niceguy for the most part but then can crack the bitchiest comments.
He loves my mom. Like a LOT.
In the glint of his eyes, you can see the little boy that he was.
He worked all day as a carpenter (and later as a custodian) and still had time and energy to play HORSE with me before dinner.
I'll add to this...
25 March 2008
best things about my dad
Posted by SaRaH at Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
He sounds like the sweetest man.
Post a Comment