05 March 2008

this is me hating the rules

My dad has to have surgery. This makes me want to go into asylum fetal mode. My dad has been sick forever; and honestly, doing anything is almost too much for him. I can't imagine how surgery would go or if they'll even do it. I know that many people have faced and endured tragic losses. Losses that are incomprehensible and gargantuan compared to my own. But I don't care. I want to scream at the world that it's unfair. That a man who worked his fingers to the bone to support seven adopted children and still made time for bedtime stories and 'horse' should catch a break here and there. I know there are no special passes on the rules of the world and beyond, but I certainly don't have to like them.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That sucks, Sarah. I wish I could bend the "rules" for your pop.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com