02 September 2008

she's two

our little eleanor grace is officially two as of yesterday at 1:48 am. It's unbelievable and exciting and bittersweet and amazing. She's rocking two out. On Sunday, she stayed in church nursery without me for the first time in her life. I couldn't believe it. I've stayed with her each week but this time when we settled in, I noticed that she was playing differently and away from me. I told her I was going to church and that I'd be back and kissed her. She fussed a little but didn't cry. (Normally, she cries hysterically if I even try to leave.) I couldn't even concentrate on the sermon because I had to keep looking back (sorry to anyone behind me) to see if they were coming for me! She also walked down our stairs on Saturday. Our stairs are open riser stairs, so they're a little scary, but she went right down them like she'd been doing it for years. When she reached the bottom, she said proudly, "bymahsef!" She also played in the yard with her cousins and friends at the party this weekend while we were in the house yet. It's just been unbelievable... I don't know who gave her the memo on age two, but she's taken it all in and run with it. She's also talking more each day and saying the funniest things. The other day when the painter came in she said, "Ahmornin, MistaAdam. Pain a wall!" A full statement out of the blue. It just cracks me up. Another word that I'm enjoying is Stop Sign. She says it very sing songy and LOUD. I don't even know where she learned about them.
I can't wait to see what she comes up with next but also wish I could hold my little tiny baby just for a moment again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd birthday, lovely Miss Nora!!! I hope it was as wonderful as you are!

(Sarah, where did you find that dress? It is DARLING!)

SaRaH said...

LOL, Mary. I found it at Kohl's for $5 on clearance. I've got to remember to check there next year, too. I hate Kohl's but their clearances rock.

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Nora's adorable and all, but is that your new kitchen? Where are the before and after photos?????

Dayna said...

YAY! Happy B-day Nora!!!! Love the pics!

Jacque said...

Happy Birthday to pretty Nora! Two is working out well for her. :)

And what is this about you hating Kohls??

And ditto to Chris!

Tiff said...

Happy Birthday, Nora! She's gorgeous!

ditto to Jacque on Kohl's!

ditto to Chris on the pics!

Unknown said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Miss Nora! You're growing up so quickly!

P.S. the kitchen is looking mighty fine.

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Nora!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! That's the dress that I tried to convince Sophia to get. She opted for the turquoise and purple plaid instead.

I miss my baby girl too. She's acting so big now.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com