and i are breaking up for good. I clearly remember the first time I learned of Consumer Reports. I was in fifth grade and so excited that such a resource existed. Unbiased, scientific evaluation of all sorts of product... I still love the concept. Coming from a family with limited resources, I secretly wished my parents would use the magazine to be sure that each purchase was the best one and would serve them well. I doubt that I ever shared this with them as I was (and am) better at secret worrying.
Later in life, I relished making purchases only after checking every possible source including Consumer Reports. Pre-internet, I'd go to the library to look up the articles. My most recent CR purchases are our washer and dryer and our vacuum. All three suck. I'm wondering if anybody who does the ratings actually uses the things. The washer and dryer are great, if you don't have a well and don't do much laundry... but that's not what I'm here about. It's the latest bane of my existence: the vacuum. The vacuum has little pieces that broke right away. When I sent the thing back to Sears, they repaired one out of three problems and I haven't sent it back as I hate living without a vacuum. Outside of that, it's HEAVY, cumbersome, unwieldy, and none of the parts are easy to utilize. I hate this thing -- did I mention that it's clumsy and HEAVY? Anyhow, don't buy this vacuum. That's my little consumer tip of the day.
Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System, Slate Blue
$350 of the worst dollars you'll ever spend.



11 comments:
I told you to get a dyson! I swear by that thing!
Good luck with it - maybe they would give you a loaner vac? LOL
That stinks! I use CR all the time also!
Sorry about your vacuum. I bought an Oreck last year and LOVE it! It's very light weight and very easy to handle. It comes with a separate canister vacuum you sling over your should and it has all the tubes and attachments for cleaning furniture and drapes and corners, etc. The last time I checked they were having a Summer clearance and had some really good deals.
Gotta get a Dyson. You won't regret it.
Hmm...I have the same vacuum (but it's purple - maybe a newer model?) and I LOVE it! I also bought it after I checked CR! Everybody told me to get a dyson but I just can't spend that money on a vacuum. Maybe if this one craps out, I'll get one, but *knock wood* so far it's going strong!
Sorry you had a bad experience!
Rats! Sorry CR failed you. I feel the same way about Amazon reviews. I always check them first before I buy something, and they are usually pretty good. I have a Dyson and like it.
I've heard great things about the Dyson's, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on one...
Oh, and what kind of washer/dryer do you have, because I don't think I want those either.
Definitely get a Dyson! I've had mine for about 4 years now and it still works and looks like we bought it yesterday!
Dyson, but we got ours on ebay and, therefore, about $100 cheaper than retail. We have 2 dogs and a cat. Dream.come.true. And you are CR's loss. Do your own CRs. Call them Que Sarah Sarah.
UGH. I test drove the damn dyson but it pushed cheerios around rather than sucking them up. I blame Dyson and CR for my predicament. Tiff, I have a Kenmore front loading set... What I hate about them are my lack of ability to customize the cycles -- they have a billion choices, but you can't just enter it in how you'd like it. Chris, my dad used to say that to me all the time! Que sera` sera`.
You shop like I do. I have to research every purchase too.
I totally need a new vacuum too. Mine disappeared when I moved.
Post a Comment