01 June 2009

it's too warm to be this frozen

i am frozen and i don't know why. Is it depression? Is it because I'm not doing whatever it is that I should be doing? Is it because I'm just plain tired? Is it a personality defect? Pure laziness? Is it because I'm pregnant and my allergies are acting up? Am I just overwhelmed? WHAT IS IT? And really, more importantly, why can't I just DEAL like everyone else on the planet? This freezing up in the face of (fear? sadness? too much? life?) is bad for deer in traffic and bad for me.
The only way I can figure to unfreeze is to try each item and give it a jiggle to see if it frees me. Starting with the worst first. The IRS has contacted me regarding my former employer. This as at the end of last week -- I just called my attorney and updated him on the status of things. He is going to call the IRS agent on my behalf and get back to me. Poor birdybean is doing cartwheels making me feel guilty for stressing out so much.
In an effort to unfreeze more, I will finish laundry tonight and get the house properly straightened. We'll see what temperature tomorrow brings.

1 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

In answer to your questions: Maybe, probably not, yes, no, no, yes, yes, all of the above at various points.

And you are dealing with the 3 big stresses of life AT ONCE: loss of a parent, a change in career, and a new child. Hello? Add to that an IRS thing, which sends every rational human being (well, Americans) into a tailspin of calamity, well....it's called frozen. And that's what you are.

Stop beating yourself up for it. Make sure Nora is taken care of, and you and BB are taken care of. The house, laundry, errands and crap can wait and work itself out later.

hugs, my sweet friend.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com