{synergy}
that's what y. called it and that's what it is. Yesterday, we both tackled difficult appointments with an 8 year old and a 2 year old and a whole bunch of time in the car. And we rocked it. We rocked it so hard that after handling the appointments, we took the kids to lunch, returned stuff (always a hassle - at least for me) and did a little shopping. We were both home in time to make dinner for our families. Truthfully, Y. rocks at this pace all the time. But me? Any one of the items (especially the appointment at the attorney) would be enough for me to call it a day. It was wonderful and the kids had so much fun. Couldn't really ask for more. Maybe I should work on considering whatever get done in a day enough. What if it was enough?
Also, in light of my last post, Y. was observant and kind enough to remind me that I had been just fine before the latest IRS/lawyer stuff. It's amazing how quickly it seems like nothing is right and never has been and maybe never will be. Why am I so quick to doubt and blame myself? My lack of balanced perspective is disturbing to me. How do you guys keep an adult's broad perspective on things? Please do share.
{miscellany}
Nora was playing with a bus on the piano keys. I walked by and said, "No cars on the piano." Nora replied, "Dis notta car. Dis a coobus." Helpful cherub that she is, she then went and got a car and brought it to me and said, "Dis a car." I suspect that this is only the beginning of her knowing more than I do.
This morning, I said to Nora, "I see you're a bit argumentative today." She yelled, " NO I NOT!"
I was cuddling with her and told her I wished she could be little forever. She said, "Oh, mama." and promptly got up and started walking around the house on her tippy toes.
I am encouraged for Birdybean's future when I see Nora with her baby lately. She talks so tenderly to her (although she calls it a good boy, so maybe it's a him in pink clothing and nailpolish), rocks her, changes her. SO tender. If you don't count throwing her down the stairs regularly.
Thanks to Y's shopping genius, I finally found bedding for Nora's big girl bed. I had given up hope of finding something I really liked -- even when I removed cost from the equation, I was still coming up empty. I'm so happy to have found this Laura Ashely Fairies quilt. It's a nice muted pink (not as bright as the pic) and will look darling in her room. Bonus-Miss N likes it, too!
I'm going to start with Nora's mattress on the floor due mostly to my fears of her falling. Additionally, I'm not sure what kind of bed we will buy her. It really depends upon the gender of the so-far elusive Birdybean.
03 June 2009
synergy and miscellany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
such pretty bedding :) When will we find out what birdybean is?
I love that she explains things to you. I wonder if they aren't all punking us all the time, and talk about us old people at the toddler rallys. And balanced perspective? That comes from friends. I don't think hardly anyone has it about themselves. Good job on the irs stuff.
So funny about the bus. I'm glad she straightened you out.;) Love the quilt, I've seen that before and always liked it.
Post a Comment