21 May 2008

aunt wilma

my great aunt wilma was in the army when she was young, divorced in the 40's, lived independently, voted democratically, set an example, drove well into her nineties, and loved fully. Today, she made her transition. How I wish she could tell us about it. Here are the best things I learned from her:


1) you can go to church without being sucked in by the bullshit. One year, right when I needed it, she gave me the book "Quitting Church without Quitting God"

2) you can hold completely different views and live them out without arguing with others

3) you should love, work, and laugh fully
4) serve others and give with a free and fully heart


I know she wouldn't believe in such nonsense as haunting; so I brazenly post the only picture of her that I can find, however unflattering. She is on the left with my Aunt Lois in the middle and my mom on the right.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I wish I could have known her.

Jacque said...

I'm sorry about your loss. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman.

Small Shake said...

She sounds like an incredible woman! I'm very sorry for your loss, Sarah.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com