27 October 2008

first annual harvestoween

y. and i have talked about having a friends holiday since college. We'd brazenly declare that our families didn't own Thanksgiving and that we should make it for friends like some scene out of movie. Our courage lasted only through our conversations and certainly never tread near the holy ground of the actual holiday or telling our families. Good thing.
This year, we did it (well Y. did most of it.) We had our first annual Harvestoween party the Saturday before Halloween and it was a blast. Apple bobbing, horses, hayrides, pumpkin painting, chickens, cats, ducks, laughter, and plenty of food and drinks. I think the adults had as much fun as the children! My notes for next year are to micromanage the potluck aspect of it a little more, get invites out even earlier, and take more pictures... I think that's IT. Not bad for our first run.

9 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

Bees are cool. Bees with pigtails are AWESOME.

Dawn said...

Harvestoween sounds sooo fun!!

Unknown said...

chickens, ducks, cats... oh my! I am so jealous. I wish we could have joined that fun!

why does the word "micromanage" in your blog not surprise me? Hey! Someone has to do it!

Hef said...

Looks like soo much fun! Love the baby bee. :)

SaRaH said...

LMAO, Robyn.

Jacque said...

A beauty of a bee! Harvestoween is a great idea, glad you had fun!

Momma Trish said...

Was there a Harvestoween pole? Like Festivus, on Seinfeld?

Momma Trish said...

Dude, you and I posted the same thing on my blog at the very same time. Kindred spirits....

Alina Klein said...

Oh, that's so cool! Pat and I want to do something like that next year. Maybe I'll hit you up for some ideas! And I didn't know you had chickens and ducks. We're thinking of getting some chickens next year. You're too cool for school, darlin'.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com