Yeen and I were bitching about haircuts and trying to remember the last haircut we had received that we liked. We both remembered it at the same time... Ft Wayne... the razor special curly cut.. that puppy... waving ever so coolly (if the window had been open).
About seven (or ten, or whatever) years ago, I read about a new method that was being taught for cutting curly hair. I assume that I would have read this in Sassy (magazine) because I can't imagine any other magazine spurring me into action. For some reason, Sassy made me do shit. (Like handmake tiedyed stationery or drive to Canada.) So anyhow, I read about this method and started searching for someone near me to do it. At the time, I lived in Oak Park and was sure I'd be able to find someone in Chicago. Fortunately, it wasn't that easy. Rather, I found someone in Ft. Wayne, IN -- three and a half hours away. Also fortunately, I was blessed with Yeenie who took the location as a challenge. We made our appointments and then spent at glorious day road tripping for fabulous haircuts in nowhereville.
Great memories. Great haircuts. Greatest of friends.
maybe it's time for another trip
So uh, what do you like?
2 weeks ago


1 comments:
I love best friends, and I, too, have lots of RAM of memories stored away, that I whip out on bad days. If only life was as fun now as it was then....
Post a Comment