this is cooking right now in crockpot, the kitchen is clean, and the dishes are running in the dishwasher. My house smells yummy, I'm going to have lunch and spend the afternoon with my BFF, AND my husband will be ever so pleasantly surprised by dinner. I followed most of the directions from the crockpot lady -- adapting it do what we had around. I'll update after we have it to confirm it's suspected deliciousness.
Alina did me a huge favor and clued me in to calling my doctor to check on my antidepressant dosage. I do have a lot going on and my dad did just die -- that said, I've been SO overwhelmed. I'm thrown off if I have to shift gears and if the phone rings, it fills my heart with a mix of despair and anxiety. (The phone thing is normally my first clue of depression.) I'm so excited to have been given the clue before it got any worse. I could have wasted the beautiful summer feeling off before I recognized the signs. I'm in my second trimester so I'm hoping we can do the adjustments as cautiously as possible. I'm going to make our appt for 3D ultrasound before I leave the house today -- the doc gave her referral so if Birdybean cooperates, we'll know her/his gender in early June in addition to checking out the palate and such.
Something nice before I close: Nora told me yesterday that I was her favorite girl. Heaven.
07 May 2009
i heart my crockpot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That sounds loverly!
How was the lasagna?
update: I'm sure it would be loverly if somebody else had made it... 'cuz I burnt it. I should have programmed the stupid thing to turn off. The unburnt bits were still yummy although they needed more sauce -- not sure if this is because I burnt sauce off or if we just like things saucy over here. Will give it another run fo sho.
Oh, I'm thrilled that I set that little alarm off for you. :) Our bodies are such weird things. Thank goodness for science, huh?
Lol about the crockpot meal. Sorry that happened! A few burned bits only intensify flavor is what I always say. My favorite crockpot meal is to just take a pound or so of meat (beef, chicken or pork) and put it in the crockpot with a jar of salsa to use for fajitas. Yummy. :)
I can't wait for the birdybean update!
I tried Alina's recipe of beef and salsa in the crockpot and made fajitas. DELICIOUS! I used a beef roast, next I'll try out pork and then chicken. (Thanks, Alina!:)
Post a Comment