the award for not poisoning my child (anymore) goes to Babies R Us and Philips Avent. I've known that our Avent bottles had BPA and because we weren't sure if we'll have more children, I didn't really do anything about it. The other day, I called BRU to find out if they had an exchange program for Avent bottles because it occurred to me that even if I didn't use them, I should be able to pass down hundreds of dollars worth of bottles. The pleasant person I spoke with informed me that they did a bottle for bottle exchange and that all I had to do was bring them in. Last night, we went to BRU to buy this (on Steph's recommendation):
So, I took the opportunity to gather up just SOME of the many bottles we have for the exchange. When I brought them up, I was met with hostile "Who told you about that program?" questions from two different employees. When I told them I had called, blah, blah, blah, they then challenged me that they needed the original receipt and packaging. Joe and I about fell over laughing about the packaging. I pressed them and finally was told that they would take them back in sets of three because that is how they sell them (not really true, but whatever), that each bottle had to have every piece (including the little lock piece and useless caps), and that after I provided all of that, I could then have a package of two BPA-free bottles for the low low price of $6.99 (there's a MAJOR price difference for non-poisonous bottles, duh). I told the girl that I would comply with all of that but that while I realized she was only doing her job, I hoped that she would pass along my frustration with the company for being quite difficult when it came to making good on my (implied) purchase of 'safe' bottles. She then informed me that she and the company were doing me a favor and that they didn't have to do any of this.
I guess I owe BRU and Philips Avent a big thank you for charging me after selling me poisonous baby bottles.
When I return from our trip, you can be sure that I'm finding each and every bottle for them.
3 comments:
So now that our April plan is in place you are going to stop poisoning Nora...good...LMAO!! You wouldn't want lyla to have those estrogen like effects from the BPA..
Write to BRU and to Avent and give them a link to this blog post. Arseholes.
definitely make at least a little bit of a stink. I cannot believe some people..
and what is the..April plan..:P
Post a Comment