i hate 'catch up' posts and feel sorry that Christmas has been relegated to being one. But because this blog has taken the place of all other journaling you'll have to tolerate my babble.
Our holiday was lovely. On the 24th, we visited Joe's family in Pontiac and on Christmas Day we went to my mom's house. Nora had a blast both days playing with her aunties and cousins. I forgot the memory card for the camera on Christmas Eve so I have no photos of the day. Hopefully, family will provide us with our 'memories'. Here is Nora helping me make Chex Mix without the 'mix' part (just how we like it.)
and with her furreal lamb from auntie Y.
On Christmas morning, she came down and immediately saw her bike and whispered "new bike. new bike. new bike. " When we asked her who brought it she said, "santa!" Too funny because she seemingly hadn't really grasped the concept of santa. She got right on it and later, attempted to put all of her other gifts in the back bucket and rode around the house. I hope that she soon learns to steer...
It was so nice to have Becca home for the holiday. I can't wait until she's here for good. I'm worried that she's battling depression as she just isn't herself lately. I'm hoping that its just part of all of the adjustments she's going through. She and I got pedicures together on Wednesday an while I loved being with her again, I still miss my girl and will get her back.

Joe and I had a $20 limit for each others' gifts. He got me yoga toes and a Barry Manilow CD. We were discussing not enforcing low limits next year... until we stopped and purchased a brand new television/stereo/sound system. We are now the owners of a ridiculously large television. They'll call next week for delivery and installation.
In other news, I somehow sprained my ankle for the first time in my life. On Christmas day, I had pain in my ankle. I limped a bit, but that was it. Around one in the morning, I awoke in excruciating pain. Joe kindly brought the computer to bed so that we could diagnose it ~ as Steph was unavailable. We thought it was gout because I had no swelling or trauma. Personally, I was sure it was gout because gout was the ugliest sounding thing on the list and I figured with my luck... Anyhow, I couldn't drive and didn't want to wake Nora so we waited until morning and went to the doctor. The doctor thought it was odd but believes it is sprained and gave us vicodin and bandages... It's the slowest onset sprain I've ever heard of. In fact, this evening, it is just now swollen... Whatev. I just hope that I'm able to walk soon.


1 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! Sorry about your ankle, I hope it's all better soon. My mom once BROKE her leg by standing up on it after she got up from a nap.
Post a Comment