14 December 2008

post secrets

do you read postsecrets? I love them and just got the newest book this week. I enjoy seeing the commonness of being human. I thought I'd blog my own secrets, but now that I'm here, they take my breath away. I didn't realize how powerful they were until I came here. I think I might submit a few of my own to the book in an attempt to take away their power. It's not that nobody knows them so why are they so powerful? I'm going to work on writing the worst ones out for myself and see how that feels and then move on from there...
Everyone has secrets, right? Are they all powerful?

6 comments:

Jess said...

I love post secrets. I read the blog every week and I've contemplated buying the books for myself. I cry whenever I read the blog so I don't know if I'm ready for the books just yet.
It is nice knowing there is at least one person out there who shares a secret we aren't ready to let out.
Love you Sarah. I hope your dad is doing ok. <3
and I love your blog layout.

Anonymous said...

I love post secret too. I have often thought of sending a secret in, but I don't think they're quite juicy enough. There are a couple but like you I'm not quite ready to tell, even though it is anonymous.

So glad to hear your dad is doing better! I hope he continues to improve. Many (((((HUGS)))))

Dawn said...

I've never heard of this. Now I am intrigued....I am off to googleland!

Unknown said...

I read it alot. I have a secret, too. And I haven't told anyone. Not even my husband. I'm too afraid to say it out loud. Does that give it power? I don't know.

Jacque said...

I haven't read those until now. Great, another blog I'll have to read. ;) My secrets aren't nearly as interesting.

SaRaH said...

Robyn, I wonder if the reason we're keeping the secret is what gives it power or not... If you keep a secrest simply because it is private, that's one thing. But if you keep a secret because you're scared of the outcome after sharing it, that's another thing... I don't know.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com