nora has been exploring the concept of discipline lately. When she is disobedient, I might ask,"Do you need a time out?" She used to reply 'no' and straighten up and fly right. She now says, "Yes" and promptly marches herself to the step we use. She waits until she is seated to start crying or yelling depending upon her mood. When I go to her, I explain why she is in timeout and request an apology. She jubilantly says, "I sorry!", gives me a big hug, and goes off to do whatever it was she needed to do in the first place.
today at dance class, nora did not participate at all. I'm not sure what to do about this. Instead of participating in the class, she wore her ballet skirt on her head like a nun's habit and hung off the bars and looked at herself in the mirror.
the other day, nora wanted me to play something with her. I explained that I was cleaning and that I'd play later. Nora brought a rag to Joe and said, "Here, Daddy, you clean now."
i didn't think there were any true games out there that we could play with a two year old, but nora found a "whackamole" hand-me-down game and she LOVES it. We've had such good times whacking those moles.
nora is now saying that things are her 'favorite' or that she LOVES them. I love this. I bought her Fruit-a-bu snacks (which I have trouble finding around here) and she took them, hugged me, and said, "THANK YOU, mama! These my FAVORITE!"
nora's babysitter was reading a book to her today. She pointed to a picture of a spider and asked Nora what it was. Nora replied, "Gross."
03 February 2009
my girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Nora is so darn cute! I'm glad she uses time out to her advantage. Owen used to put himself in time out before I'd say a word.
I laughed out loud at Nora wearing her skirt like a nun and hanging and looking at herself.
We love Whac-A-Mole! Other good games for our 2 year olds are: Lucky Ducks (just wear ear plugs), Elefun, Nutty Elephant, and Fishin' Around (again, the ear plugs).
What's Fruit-a-bu? Maybe they'd be Phoebe's favorite. ;) And, she's right. Spiders are gross.
Okay, I googled Fruit-a-bu. Did you know you can get them from Amazon with free shipping? http://www.amazon.com/FruitaBu-Smooshed-Smoooshed-Strawberry-0-4-Ounce/dp/B000HGEC8S
Jacque, thank you SO much. I'm going to go order the games and Fruitabu now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
LOL. . . Nora's working on becoming a dish of ice cream covered in awesome sauce. I seriously LOL'ed at 3 different times just in that one post. I <3 Nora.
Lol, what a funny girl!
Candyland Castle is another fun two year old game (we don't have a winner, we just play until all shapes are filled but we DO take turns). No ear plugs required!
Post a Comment