01 February 2009

first ear infection

as someone born with a cleft palate, i have endured numerous surgeries -- about a third of them on my ears. Since finding out at the 3D ultrasound that Nora did not have a cleft palate, I've marvelled at my daughter's healthy structures. For real. Marvelled. And felt so grateful. I still do, but on Friday afternoon after her nap, she complained that her ears hurt. She's never complained of this before so we knew something was wrong. Fortunately, the doctor's office fit us in at 5:30 that evening to confirm our baby's first ear infection.

We're quite certain she will be a doctor given her accurate self diagnosis.

3 comments:

Jacque said...

I hope Dr. Nora feels better soon!

Unknown said...

What a smarty pants. I hope her ears are feeling better!

Shannon said...

I was also born with a cleft palate but only had one surgery when I was 9 months old to repair it. I HAVE however, always suffered from ear infections! Every time I catch a cold I get an ear infection! I never made a connection between the two...

Zoey has had a couple ear infections. Once she gets the antibiotics she's feeling better almost immediately (same with me). Hope Nora feels better!!!!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com