09 February 2009

your pony days are over

i bet when the pony express started, it was innovative and exciting and top of the line. And we all know the pleasure that receiving a letter in the mail brings. But let's get serious, US Postal Service, you haven't really been innovative or exciting for a long time. Your monopoly on how we transmit information is in grave danger and you don't seem to care all that much. Telephones, faxes, emails, .pdf's, UPS, Fedex, texting and more -- they're all lining up to take your place. And what's your response? Better customer service? Lower prices? Faster or more reliable service? More convenient service? No, no, no, and a resounding no. In fact, you're sort of known for your difficult personality and unreliable service. You even have you're own term for disgruntled violence... I'm quite certain that some other company could make a go of a business that gets paid - what? I'm guessing here- a dollar a day per adult living at an address? I bet that company could do it without being crabby or shooting things up. They might even get a convenient drive through window. Which is really the point of my post. Why can't you provide a drive through window? Each time I get out of the car to stand in line to buy postage or send a package, I dislike you a little more.
Dislikingly yours,
Sarah

PS - don't defend yourself with internet options because you charge for shipping which is, for some reason, laughably ridiculous to me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LMAO

Hef said...

I will only use USPS if I've exhausted EVERY last resource.

They're a bunch of useless, unreliable, inconvenient butt-heads, IMO.

Jacque said...

I always think the post office needs a drive through window!!! I totally agree with you.

Tiffany said...

I personally think every business should have a drive thru window. I must be spoiled, because if I go to a gas station, it must have a pay at the pump option, and if said pay at the pump option does not work and I get the "Please see cashier" message, I hop in my car and drive to the next gas station. I refuse to get two kids out of the car, drag them inside, to pay a crochety cashier when there is a lovely little credit card slot on most machines, and I refuse to leave my kids in the car while I "run inside real quick" because my kids are super cute and there are probably a lot of psychos that would like to steal them.

Alina Klein said...

I'm SO with you on this. I NEVER go to the post office anymore because I refuse to drag two kids in there with me. If I want to send a gift I buy it from Amazon, usually with free shipping, and stay in my nice warm home with happily playing kids...or screaming kids. At least they're not screaming at the lousy post office!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com