28 November 2008

an attitude of gratitude.

i've always loved those little sayings that you might find hanging in a grade school classroom. Things like 'attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.' Or 'gratitude is an attitude.' Trite or not, they stick with me.
So, its Thanksgiving and I've been working on experiencing prayerful gratitude each day. In light of all of my blessings, I am ashamed of how hard I find it to remember to do this. In thinking of what to list here, I waffle between the big things (family, safety, etc.) and the little things (riding the carousel with Nora today)... For me, the small things are a reflection of how great the big things are. There are no small things without the big things.
Today's list:
~grace and joy
~joe. could i have been any luckier?
~eleanor grace mays. the heart of my heart.
~a loving, involved and open family with whom i enjoy spending any holiday
~living near my best friend
~a church and community that i enjoy being a part of
~a new bed
~a comfortable home
~wonderful friends. beyond belief
~our cats. the neighbors goats and horses and chickens and cow
~the stars last night
~my sisters
~trips to the bookstore and library with nora and joe
~choices. i've been considering new homes, new careers, new futures... what a luxury

3 comments:

Rachael said...

There is SO much to be thankful for. I love the picture of Nora...it's beautiful!

Dawn said...

choices.....what a great gratitude!

Jacque said...

You have wonderful things to be grateful for! I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com