this afternoon, nora and i swam together for an hour and a half. I think at least a half hour of that heavenly time was spent leaning over the pool edge watching a bumblebee 'smell' all of the clover. She'd say 'bee, bee, bee!' 'fwower, fwower, fwower!' We also waved bye bye to every car, van, truck, coobah (schoolbus), and plane that crossed our path.
Nora wanted to go underwater more than her usual. She'd tell me to 'let go' and i would and she'd go under and just look up at me. The first time I waited as long as I could bear it to see if she'd kick or something... I pulled her up, she took a good breath and then clapped and laughed. This was not the response I was expecting. She immediately wanted to do it again so I obliged but after that I distracted her with jumping games that allowed her a little underwater play. She wore her swimming ring and broke out some awesome spinning moves that maneuver her all over the pool. I'll have to video them because they totally crack me up. To further my concerns about her lack of fear, she would put on two rings, then wiggle out of one of them, and then occasionally almost take the other one off. I try to not react too much because I've learned that she digs my hyper reactions. I just casually say, you don't know how to swim yet and look away. Thus far, it's been enough. Truth be told, I love the water and I'd rather she'd be a daredevil in the water than fearful. If I don't have a coronary first, she and I are headed for tons of swimming fun.
11 July 2008
bee bee bee fwower fwower fwower
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a brave little swimmer! She needs to give Phoebe some lessons. I understand though that a little bit of fear is okay for us nervous mamas!
You get to blame her for every gray hair you ever get. That's what my mom did.
omg, the minis are all such little fishies. Tobey is terrified of the water. :( It really bums me out. I'm glad she has so much fun though, that is awesome
Post a Comment