july evenings around 8 pm are evidently safari hour in the state of indiana. While driving tonight, I had to stop the car for the following: a deer, a family of racoons, a chipmunk, a bird, and a turtle. (well, i only had to swerve for the turtle) The thought of harming any one of these while driving around their homes makes me feel preemptively horrible.
The paradox comes in when I explain why I was out. Becca called me hysterical and when I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I'm SCARED!" She went on to explain that a man with a machine gun came into the truckstop side of the McDonald's she works in. (I've always disagreed with her working at a truckstop, but that's for another day...) She was so upset that I just asked her if she wanted me to come and she did. So, there I was, on my way to Becca. Stopping and swerving to avoid animals. And daydreaming violence upon whomever caused such tears and terror in my baby sister. Machine gun or not, I seriously was ready for some mano a mano.
is it my imagination or have i been dwelling in some almost (but not so) awful vortex?
07 July 2008
my nonviolent paradox
Posted by SaRaH at Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment