i just got home from seeing lyle lovett with Y. My dad bought us tickets to see him at Ravinia in Highland Park, IL. Ravinia is a lovely park with pavilion seating as well as lawn seating. People come and have elaborate (or not. if you're me.) meals on the lawn and then enjoy the music. While searching for parking, Y and I somehow completely missed the lots and instead found ourselves climbing down a long set of stone steps to a small beach on Lake Michigan. Thanks to dad's pavilion tickets, we didn't need to score a primo lawn spot and we immediately decided that we would be having dinner right there. It was serendipitous ~ being 'lost' only to find a dream.
Lyle and his Large Band were incredible. Listening to the fiddle, cello, and bass cemented my
flirtation with Suzuki instruction for Nora. He played two new songs (or at least new to me) and, as always, his lyrics and music just filled me with joy (and some laughs) for life. I just can't describe it, but wish I could... excellent music, a poet cowboy with a guitar, and my bff and me grinning from ear to ear. Can't ask for much more. Lyle, if you're reading this, we'll totally be there -- same time next year.
flirtation with Suzuki instruction for Nora. He played two new songs (or at least new to me) and, as always, his lyrics and music just filled me with joy (and some laughs) for life. I just can't describe it, but wish I could... excellent music, a poet cowboy with a guitar, and my bff and me grinning from ear to ear. Can't ask for much more. Lyle, if you're reading this, we'll totally be there -- same time next year.


3 comments:
Although I'm not necessarily a fan of Lovett, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and I am SO jealous. I wish I could get out w/ my BFF & do something similar--it's been so long since I have. Sigh.
Thats awesome Sarah!! Sounds like you had a fantabulous time. I don't love LL but I am totally jealous. Concerts.....I remember those!
Huh. Really? I would never have guessed you for a Lyle Lovett Fan.
Post a Comment