16 July 2008

everything but the kitchen sink

our remodeling crew may be available on monday to start the demo on our kitchen and dining room. This means that I have to pack up a major portion of my home, get everything ordered, and then figure out how to pay for it all. All along, I've wanted a farmhouse sink. No matter the price. No matter the wait. Until I found out that each of the models I had picked was SHALLOW. It's so frustrating. I want a big, deep sink so that Nora can continue to bathe in the kitchen. We have so much fun there so I want to keep it for as long as I can. I've spent hours comparing features, prices, availability. My dad has spent hours. Joe has listened to every detail and nuance of farmhouse sinks. I just freed myself from the tyranny of the sink. Screw it. I'm going to order a big old, regular, in stock sink. What a relief.

2 comments:

Lolita Breckenridge said...

I still think you should get the farmhouse sink. Even if it's like half of the remodel budget. You will be so happy when you look at it. Also my word verification for this comment is jodizzva. It is my new word of the day.

Jacque said...

A new kitchen and dining room will be great! Don't settle though, get the sink you really want, you'll have it for a LONG time! Good luck!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com