and i like it. That sounds and feels sick to me, but it's true. It's a relief to take no phone calls -- to be so unreachable. I don't have to call the attorney. I don't have to do anything more than email for work. I'm off the hook on some personal obligations. My life is currently so out of my control that I relish something that disables me. This can't be right. But it sure is peaceful.
24 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hope this can be some sort of a reprieve for you. You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. Too bad you can't be down in FL right now where I am and soaking up some rays. Maybe you should just take a vacation and fly away somewhere...that might help a bit.
When Aubs and I were sick with the stomach bug, it was sublime.
Totally messed up, I know, but we just sprawled out together on the couch and did nothing. Nothing.
I couldn't say that out loud until now, because what kind of mother feels grateful for a sick child, but I haven't had a break like that in years now. It was refreshing. Being sick as a dog was refreshing.
I suppose we could both be crazy.
What an excellent excuse for you to REST from meeting everyone else's needs and take CARE of yourself!
(((Sarah)))
Post a Comment